April 3, 2010

GRANDMA WATSON'S BUN RECIPE


I don't have a Grandma Watson, but her bun recipe was on the bag of flour, it sure is tasty and wonderful! I have tried many recipes, I thought I had found one before, but this one is by far the best I have ever tried! They remind me of my Mom's, and what can be better then that!
INGREDIENTS
3 Cups warm water
1/3 Cup White Sugar
2 Eggs Beaten
2 Tablespoons fast rising Yeast
1/2 Cup Oil
1 teaspoon Salt
8 Cups Flour
MIX TOGETHER
4 Cups of the 8 Cups of flour
2 Tablespoons Yeast
1/3 Cup White Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
Make a well in flour mixture add 3 Cups warm water, 1 beaten eggs, 1/2 Cup oil mix together then add the rest of the 4 Cups of flour. Knead until it all comes together in a nice smooth ball. Let rise 15 minutes, punch down, let rise again 15 minutes punch down, let rise 15 minutes, then form into buns, put on pan and let rise 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 4-5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment